Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lights, Camera, Action!

So, we recently found out that for our assignment, we are required to make a 10 minute short video based on mixed genre of comedy and drama. Oh the joy I felt when I heard that. I wouldn't say that making videos is a passion of mine, I would consider it more as a hobby I take very, very seriously. So serious that I attended classes (well, technically it was for photography) I did, however join a national level video competition and did quite well I might add. I did attend a few video making classes. No, I'm not trying to say I have the upper hand here, all I'm saying is, I ENJOY MAKING VIDEOS.
You see, I find it very fascinating to bring an idea in your head to life. Every single word written in the script can be portrayed so precisely by the talent on screen. The ability to make the viewer laugh and cry truly is an interesting experience.
I got my team together and we got right into script writing. What is our video about you ask? The videos I've made in the past were all about touching that sensitive side of the viewer but this time, I choose something I was not so familiar with, just to spice things up. Yes, we are given the genre already, but when it comes to mix genres, you get to choose which side you want to lean towards to. I chose to lean towards the comedy part. Why? well, I wanted to make my fellow classmates and whoever that watches this video to escape their crazy world for just 10 minutes and just laugh!
Our video is based on the movie "Ocean's Eleven" That's right, we're robbing from someone. However, not everything you plan always falls into place right? That's the direction we're going for. The reason why I chose to do this video was because I always had an admiration of the way Ocean's Eleven was shot. The way the script was written, that little twist of the story always gives me the impression that nothing is like what it seems. I'm not going to give a lot away because I like suspense.
All I can say is, you guys are in for a treat because I am blessed with a great cast! We will play with loads of camera angles too. Mainly because we want to make a quality video. Camera angles to me, help rely the message I want to send. It makes conveying the emotion easier too. All I know is, we will definitely have fun doing this assignment!

No comments:

Post a Comment